Thursday, January 9, 2014

Rainy Day Pinks








|Dress: Shop Sosie (here)| Shoes: Hunter (here)| Necklace: Target|

Rainy days are made for taking naps, watching movies, and of course for wearing hunter boots. I bought this lipstick pink pair of Hunter Boots in December and I am obsessed with them. These boots can be worn casually or you can even dress them up like I chose to with this chevron dress. Hunter boots can make any rainy day brighter so I would say they are a necessity for any closet. 

This is my first outfit post for 2014 and so I wanted to take some time to share what my new year's resolutions are:

1) Spend more time in the bible and to grow closer to God.
With the craziness of the holidays I have really slacked off lately on reading my bible and spending time with God. My goal for this year is to be intentional about making sure to get in the word. When we don't spend time with God we become spiritually malnourished because we are starving ourselves from what we need which is God. 
The challenge I have made for myself is to wake up and do my devotions rather than doing them at night which is what I normally do. My doing them in the morning I will be able to study and focus on the word of God without nodding off. This will also help me start my day off on the right foot. 
I want to encourage all of you to also commit to getting in the word of God in 2014. Find the time in your day that works best for you and dig deep into the word. Let 2014 be the year that you develop a burning desire in your heart for God. 

Psalm 119:97-103
Oh how I love your law! It is my meditation all the day. Your commandment makes me wiser than my enemies, for it is ever with me. I have more understanding than all my teachers, for your testimonies are my meditation. I understand more than the aged, for I keep your precepts. I hold back my feet from every evil way, in order to keep your word. I do not turn aside from your rules, for you have taught me. How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!

2) Get healthier.
Getting in good shape and becoming healthier seems to be on everyone's list of resolutions. I plan on becoming healthier by eating better and running more. I love to run but with my crazy schedule I don't get the chance to run as often as I would like. A while back I ran a 5k and had a blast. My goal is to sign up for more races and work my way up to a 10 miler this year and who knows maybe next year a marathon (26.2 miles). 

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

3) Grow my blog.
I started this blog back in the end of November to see if I liked the whole blogging thing, and it turns out I love it. Blogging has connected me with people who share the same style and interests as me and enabled me to meet some pretty cool people. My blog is still considered a baby in the blogging world so this year I plan on working to grow my blog by devoting more time to Glamour, Glitter, & Grace and posting more often. I would also like to grow my following since the only views I get is mainly from family and friends. (Hi Mom!) I hope you will join with me as I journey further into the blogging world and work to grow my blog. If you are a fellow blogger I'd love to connect with you so just comment your blogs url and give me a follow and I promise to follow back! 

Smiles,
Morgan

5 comments:

  1. Loving the blog;) and thanks for the likes on my instagram Brandiileeann follow mine and my best friends blog! Twogirlsthriftyfinds.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like the blog! Your blog is super cute!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my shiny black Hunter Wellingtons and wear them a lot whatever the weather and often slip them on when going to work or meeting my Girlfriends on a sunny day and seeing you with your Wellingtons on makes me very happy, you look gorgeous.
    Welly
    xx

    ReplyDelete