Friday, January 24, 2014

Passion 2014



This past weekend I had the opportunity to head to the Phillips arena in Atlanta, GA to unite with fellow Christ followers from all over the world at a conference called Passion. Ever heard of it? If not than this post is perfect for you because I will share what exactly is Passion and what cool things God is doing through Passion. 

First, what is Passion? Well Passion is a conference that takes place in Atlanta, GA and in Houston, TX every year that is meant to be a place where college age students (18-25) can unite together in worshiping God. The weekend consists of six sessions, each session consists of amazing christian artists and speakers. Just to name a few....David Crowder, Hillsong, Matt Redman, Chris Tomlin and many more made appearances at this year's Atlanta Passion conference. The lineup of speakers included Louie Giglio, Francis Chan, Christine Caine, and John Piper. 


{Louie Giglio}

{Matt Redman}

{Francis Chan}


The arena was completely sold out, meaning that there was 20,000 plus people in worshiping God in Atlanta this weekend. It is an unforgettable experience to worship along side so many others that are going hard after God. So many students gave their lives to God and devoted themselves to boldly proclaiming his name throughout all the world. 
What I took away from Passion this year is that I will never be able to fully comprehend how undeserving I am of God's love, however I will also never be able to fully comprehend just how much I am loved by God. Jesus didn't die on 'the cross' but he died on 'MY cross'. God's wrath fell on Jesus obliterating our curse but guilt is over because by HIS wounds we are healed, believe it and receive it. 
My prayer is that God will forge his image in me so that I will be able to fulfill the plans God has for me. The thing is that if we don't fully surrender our lives to God we will never be able to fully live our lives for God. I encourage all of you to go hard after God and let him work through you so that you can boldly proclaim God's name through all the Earth.


Hillsong played their song "Oceans" on Friday night and it really pulled at my heart. Click the play button above to give it a listen!

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever you would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander 
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

The last thing I wanted to share with you is the End It Movement. Did you know that there is still $27 million people in slavery? That is more than ever before in our history! The End It Movement is a movement to shine a light on slavery and bring awareness to people that slavery still exists. Slavery wont end from awareness but it will never end without it. 

To help spread the word about slavery on February 27th draw a red X on your hand. 

To learn more watch this video!


If you are interested in going to a Passion conference the tickets for Passion in Houston are still on sale! Just click here to buy your tickets and for more information! 

#JESUSGENERATION

Smiles,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment