Thursday, December 26, 2013

Secret to Surviving a Night in Heels

Heels are wonderful, they make you look taller, leaner, and they even make your legs look longer but if you're like me and you are not a natural in heels they can make for a painful night. In this posting I want to share with you my secret to surviving a night in heels.

My secret is similar to Newton's III Law of Gravity which states: 
For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

My law for surviving a night in heels states: 
For every high heel there is an equal and opposite pair of flats.

Yes, you read it right, the secret to surviving a night in high heels is simply that you don't. The only realistic cure that can make your feet feel better after walking around in heels all night is to take them off. What I like to do is to show up to a party or event in heels so that I have the chance to show the shoes off but as soon as my feet start to ache and I begin to look like a drunk giraffe walking around I simply slip into a pair of flats that are equal in appearance to the heels but opposite in height. As long as the flats look similar they will still match your outfit but be much more comfortable to walk around in and they also will allow you to enjoy your night!

Pictured below are some of my heels with their equal and opposite pair of flats:

|Heels: TJ Maxx| Flats: Old Navy|

|Heels: Target| Flats: Target|

|Heels: Guess| Flats: Target|

As you're planning your New Years Party Outfit don't forget to bring along your flats! Cheers to comfortable feet and the New Year!

Smiles,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment